Metabolic Efficiency Training Certification Course
The purpose of the Multisport University Metabolic Efficiency Training Certification Course is to offer health professionals, coaches and athletes the opportunity to learn the intricate background of metabolic efficiency training and be able to transfer this knowledge into real-life training and nutrition implementation strategies for athletes.
This will be a comprehensive 6-hour course that will discuss the health and performance benefits of metabolic efficiency training. Complex nutrition information and scientific research will be presented and dissected into simple implementation strategies so each participant will be able to utilize and teach the concept in an easy manner. Behavior modification techniques will be presented as well as nutrition periodization as it relates to metabolic efficiency and nutrient timing strategies. Lastly, metabolic efficiency testing will be discussed and each participant will learn the protocol for conducting a test as well as the interpretation of test data.
Learning Objectives/Course Outline
I. Introduction and Background
a. History of metabolic efficiency
b. Reasoning including GI distress, nutrient partitioning, body weight/composition, health markers
c. Methods of manipulation
d. Exercise prescription
e. Nutritional science
II. Health Markers
a. Metabolic syndrome and the association to metabolic efficiency
III. Daily Nutrition Implementation Strategies
a. Behavior change theory and implementation strategies based on readiness to change
b. Goal setting
c. Nutritional myth busting
d. Simple nutrition teaching methods to improve metabolic efficiency
e. Discussion of high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate strategy for improving metabolic efficiency
IV. Training Nutrition Strategies
a. Nutrient timing before, during and after exercise/training
b. How to alter nutrient timing with enhanced metabolic efficiency
c. Research review
V. Metabolic Efficiency Assessments
c. Interpretation (including exercise prescription, zone setting, nutrition intervention)
VI. Metabolic Efficiency Case Studies and Exercise Prescriptions/Nutrition Interventions
a. Example of a high carbohydrate, low protein, low fat individual
b. Example of a macronutriently balanced individual
c. Example of a low carbohydrate, moderate protein, high fat individual
This certification program is offered to personal trainers, coaches, registered dietitians and athletes. There are no prerequisites for taking the course-only an ambition to learn and possibly teach others.
The certification course will last 7 hours (includes breaks) and is a live certification clinic only. This will ensure a better, more personal learning opportunity for attendees and more interaction with the instructor.
- Normal investment fee: $369 (some locations may be different due to meals being provided)
- There is a no refund policy. Please be sure you can commit to the course before registering.
- The education that you will receive will allow you to completely change an individual’s approach to nutrition which will have a tremendous positive effect on their health and performance. Utilizing the tools you learn in this certification, you will be able to decrease the risk of some chronic diseases and improve nutrient timing strategies surrounding training sessions ultimately leading to relying on fewer calories with less risk of GI distress.
- Ability to purchase Metabolic Efficiency Training: Teaching the Body to Burn More Fat book at wholesale pricing (30% off MSRP) in quantities of 20 or more.
- Membership to the private MET certification Facebook page to interact with other certified individuals.
- Each participant who successfully completes the certification will be listed as a professional metabolic efficiency training expert on the Multisport University website and will be frequently referred to by Bob Seebohar.
- For USA Triathlon Certified coaches, there will be 6 CEU’s offered.
Yes, there will be an exam at the conclusion of the course but do not worry, it is a take-home exam. Your instructor does not believe in multiple choice questions that do not test true knowledge thus the exam will comprise of short answer/essay questions where each participant will have to utilize the skills learned in the course to communicate with the instructor that they possess a minimum level of competency of metabolic efficiency training.
If a participant does not successfully pass with a grade of 80% or greater, they will not receive the Metabolic Efficiency Training Certification and will not be included in the Metabolic Efficiency Training Professional listing on the Multisport University website. There is only one opportunity to take and pass the exam without having to take the course a second time.
Upon successful completion of this course, each individual will be certified for a period of 2 years. At the end of the two year period, it is the individual’s responsibility to attend another MET certification course to become re-certified or submit five separate case studies plus a recertification fee of $60 to Bob Seebohar that will include how you implemented MET strategies on an individual, including quantitative testing (from yourself or another person/facility). This information should include all data regarding the individual and the chronological steps you took to progress them from the beginning to the maintenance stage of MET, including testing data interpretation, exercise and nutrition prescription and challenges/solutions.
If you are interested in registering for the Multisport University Metabolic Efficiency Certification Clinic, please submit an email to Bob Seebohar at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Phone number
- Essay questions:
- Why you want to be selected for the Metabolic Efficiency Training Certification Clinic
- Any past experience with the Metabolic Efficiency Training concept
- How you will use the information you learn
- What population you work with
There will be a limit in the number of participants and each one will be notified approximately 2 weeks after Bob Seebohar receives their application information.